Angry Robot are looking for a new part-time Publishing Assistant!
The role is for 2–3 days a week, with flexible hours, and remote working considered but we would like the candidate to be able to meet in the North London office a minimum of once a month for mail outs and other office-based tasks.
- Preparing manuscripts for press
- Taking in proof reads and copy edits and inserting changes into an InDesign document
- Assisting Associate Publisher with contract administration
- Author care and contact
- Passion for SFF as a genre as well as crossover genres with Angry Robot
- Handling mail outs for Publicity and Marketing
- Interest and ability with social media platforms from TikTok and Twitter to Instagram and Facebook
We aren’t looking for someone who has experience as this is an entry level position but rather someone who is happy to learn and grow in the role. Familiarity with InDesign is an asset but training will also be available. Experience in customer care and administration is also welcomed but this is the perfect role for someone interested in starting in Publishing as it’s with a small team and the successful candidate will have a breadth of tasks across editorial, publicity and marketing with room for growth.
This role is offered at the London Living Wage (£10.75 per hour) calculated pro rata depending on the number of hours worked.
Please include in your application how you see your time being split between remote and office-based and also your working schedule.
Please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by the 4th of August. We are hoping to have this role’s first day the week of the 23rd August and are happy for this to start out remote. Interviews will be conducted on Zoom and will include a short competency assessment.
Watkins employ based on ability. We welcome applications from all backgrounds. If you are shortlisted for interview, please let us know if you require any adjustments.