First of all: Merry Christmas! We hope you received everything you wanted, and wanted everything you received.
If not… don’t forget that we have our sock amnesty running this year!
It happens every year. Maybe it’ll be your mad Aunty Mabel, or your loving Mum, or your lazy brother-in-law, or maybe it’ll be the last-minute Secret Santa buyer in the office that you were unlucky enough to end up with.
But let’s face it, it’s pretty much guaranteed to happen: someone will give you some sort of Crap Present – often some oh, so jolly Xmas socks – during this holiday season.
Here at Angry Robot we’re no strangers to the Squishy Package of Impending Doom and we feel your pain, we really do. Which is why we announced the Angry Robot Sock Amnesty.
In a festive nut-shell: if you send us your Xmas socks (or any other crap presents that you’d be happy to see the back of) we will send you a voucher code for a free Angry Robot ebook in return.
We’ll then donate all your crap presents to charity on your behalf – after posting photos of the funniest and/or weirdest ones here on the Angry Robot blog, of course – and you’ll be able to read your ebook-of-choice in the warm glow of knowing you’ve Done Good.
And best of all, Aunty Mabel will never know…
[Full how-to-enter details below the jump:]
Okay, these are The Rules:
1. All items submitted must arrive with us no earlier than December 26th 2011 and no later than January 15th 2012.
2. All items submitted must be:
a) crap – please feel free to put in a note explaining why you think the present is crap if the inherent crapness of the thing doesn’t immediately shine through;
b) new – original packaging or even swathed in wrapping paper would be ideal.
3. On receipt of your submitted item we will assess it for appropriate levels of crapness and newness. Anything that is obviously highly cool rather than crap, or is clearly worn, old or second-hand won’t be deemed acceptable.
4. On acceptance of your submitted item, we will send you a voucher code redeemable against one free ebook at the Angry Robot Store in return.
With that in mind, please remember to include a piece of paper with your name and email address on it. We’re not going to spend half of January following up on “I sent you socks, where’s my voucher?” queries, we can promise you.
5. You’ll need to post your crap presents to your nearest Angry Robot office:
Angry Robot Sock Amnesty
Lace Market House
54-56 High Pavement
Angry Robot Sock Amnesty
c/o Osprey Publishing Inc.
44-02 23rd Street
Long Island City
That about covers it. We look forward to receiving your unwanted socks and assorted other crap in the post-holiday post.
Photo Credit: sd2005 via www.sxc.hu